Media Sales Job
Media Sales refers to a sales job in the media industry. This encompasses advertising, print media, television, radio, websites, events, outdoor hoardings & billboards, etc.
The media sales persons job mainly involves selling advertising spaces in any of these media. It also involves selling media subscriptions or information from any of the media sources. A media sales job is usually compensated with a COMMISSION (based on achieving targets) and a BASIC FIXED SALARY. Smart and talented individuals have the opportunity to move up the ladder rapidly in media sales. Media sales gain importance as they act as a mid-point between creator and recipient of information.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
*Sell advertising space in newspapers, magazines or journals; airtime on radio or television; advertising space on outdoor hoardings or billboards; advertising space on websites; in-product placement in cinemas, events or conferences; invite sponsorships for events; and sell subscriptions or information.
*Schedule and conduct phone or face-to-face meetings with clients.
*Source new clients through personal and professional network.
*Maintain relationship with existing client base through regular meetings and phone calls.
*Attend parties, events and conferences to network with people.
*Keep track of sales and ensure it meets or exceeds the targets provided.
"Undertake training for junior media sales staff.Essential skills for this job include:
*Must have passion for working in the media industry.
*Outstanding communication abilities including spoken as well as written.
* Must be fluent in English and should have knowledge of few major local languages.
*Lively and jovial personality without losing Focus
*Self-motivated and hard working.
*Bright, enthusiastic and career driven individuals.
*Should be fun loving and must love going out and meeting new people.
*Be able to work with tight deadlines under pressure and meet sales targets.
*Good negotiation and convincing skills.
Should be confident and a good team player.
*Must have excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
*Must have excelling sales and marketing skills. Should be able to engage anyone in a conversation.
*Good understanding and knowledge of computers and MS Office (especially PowerPoint). Knowledge of Photoshop, Flash, or media related systems would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should have;
*Bachelor’s degree in any field – Candidates with Media or Marketing or Sales specialization will be preferred.
*Post-graduation (MBA or degree or diploma) in Media or Marketing or Sales Management from a reputed accredited institute is preferred
"Candidates who have previously worked in a media sales role will be preferred.
MODE of Application
• Qualified candidates should forward their CV details to: hrjtportals @gmail.com OR Text
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted; failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted